Health and safety training for schools
Our courses can be tailored to meet the requirements of Headteachers, school managers, nominated school health and safety representatives or Governors and can be made up from any of the units listed below:
- Headteacher, Governing Body or the Local Authority Who is ultimately responsible for health and safety?
- The role of the 'competent person'
- Accident reporting and accident investigation
- Five stages of risk assessment
- Fire risk assessment how to meet the legal standards and satisfy the Fire Officer
- Arson prevention
- Health and safey of teaching staff
- Health and safety of non teaching staff e.g. cleaning and catering, maintenance staff, mid-day assistants
- Health and safety in educational Visits
- Health and safety in science
- Health and safety in design and technology
- Stress management
- Managing asbestos in schools
- Preventing Legionnaires Disease
- Electrical safety
- Managing contractors
- Dealing with violence and aggression
- Lone working
- Record keeping
- Communication and participation
- Minibus safety
- Playground safety
- Other specific needs identified by the school.
We can deliver training outside of the school day or attend inset days.
Elaine has also been involved with the IOSH Education Specialist Group, producing several articles for the IOSH Education newsletter.
Download Elaine's article 'Keeping legionella at bay' in the IOSH Education Newsletter (PDF - 144k).
^ page top